West Town Chicago is one of the hidden gems in our city. With it’s easy access to transit, abundant green spaces, local businesses and friendly atmosphere, it is easily the best neighborhood in the city.
West Town Chicago Parks
We’ve already explained why West Town is the best neighborhood in Chicago. Now we want to lay out the specific parts of West Town that make it a hidden gem. West Town Chicago Parks are excellent places to relax and unwind in the city. Below is a list of our favorite West Town Chicago Parks.
- Superior Playground Park – This “pocket” park is located at the intersection of Hoyne and Superior. It is a major hub for young families in the neighborhood. This park features a large playground and ample green space to lay out a blanket. It’s also fully fenced in so all parents can have peace of mind.
- Eckhart Park – Located on the 1300 block of Chicago Ave, Eckart Park features 8.85 acres, an indoor swimming pool, meeting rooms, two gymnasiums, a fitness center and a boxing center. Outdoors, the park offers baseball diamonds, an athletic field for football and soccer, a playground with a water spray feature, and a community garden. This park is a major hub for recreational and youth sports in West Town.
- Snowberry Park – One of the newest pocket parks in the area near Huron & Wolcott, this hidden gem has a water sprinkler, book swap, and some of the neighbors have initiated a gardening club called the Green Team Growers an instructional gardening program for children ages 3 to 8, meets at Snowberry every second and fourth Monday of the months of May, June, July, and August.
- Commercial Club Park – This snug neighborhood spot is an oasis. It features basketball courts, a playground and more. Its best featured is the ample amount of shade trees to lounge under on those hot Chicago summer days. This park regularly hosts community events and is a great place to connect with neighbors.
- Smith Park -Just west of Western Ave., Smith Park features ample green space. It’s a great spot to watch a rugby match or fly a kite. It has a pool, athletic fields & a playground, plus a WWII tank & seasonal events.
These are just a few of the West Town Chicago Parks which are part of why West Town is the best neighborhood in the city. If you’re interested in learning more about West Town or are looking to buy in the area, be sure to contact Bob Burger Homes. We’re here as your real estate resource.
We are a Chicago based real estate team backed by years of success in helping clients navigate the complexities of real estate. Our experience and expertise leads our clients to a smooth real estate transaction.